With the new OpteTote system part suppliers have more flexibility to kit and ship parts into OEMs for efficient line-side part presentation. The system can be fully customized and is comprised of:
- Collapsible industrial grade fabric totes that can be configured with divider sets to securely hold and protect parts in transit. These one-piece totes feature attached flip-over covers to protect parts and sewn handles for easy unpacking.
- All-plastic, durable sleevepacks hold these customized totes in place, minimizing the need for shrinkwrap.
- Plastic mirror image pallets provide a base to create a secure shipping load. These pallets are interchangeable as lids and entire systems are available in a wide variety of footprints to maximize trailer space.
OpteTote systems are packed at part suppliers and shipped to assembly plants, where totes are removed and delivered to line-side flow racks. At the assembly line, parts are picked for vehicle assembly.
- Fully reusable and returnable, with rapid ROI
- Superior pack density with straight-wall design and maximum internal cubic capacity
- Efficient return efficiency , with a 3:1 ratio for collapsed stacks
- Long service life made possible with durable fabric construction
- Flexibility with the ability to customize tote size, partitions, covers, etc.
- Maximized use of trailer space with efficient pallet footprints and double stacking
Different colors can be used for easy visual inventory management. After picking, totes easily collapse and are repacked and returned to suppliers for replenishment.