In combination with fabric and sheet material, ORBIS offers a variety of foam materials for use in custom dunnage design. Foam is often used for blocking and cushioning. ORBIS designers have a variety of foam products to choose from when designing your dunnage for optimum part protection.
- NEW Recyclable Lite Foam Dunnage: ORBIS has added Lite Foam™ to its dunnage material offerings to protect lightweight parts during transit, assembly and storage. Composed of extruded polypropylene, Lite Foam’s uniform strength eliminates the ribbing effect seen in other lightweight dunnage materials. This material is also completely recyclable at the end of its useful life, building on ORBIS’ commitment to supply chain sustainability.
- Crosslink Polyethylene XLPE Foam: Non-abrasive, resilient foam with excellent shock/vibration protection. Ideal for parts with Class A surfaces and other abrasion sensitive parts. Available in 2#, 4# and 6#. Standard Color: Grey.
- Polyethylene Foam, 2# and 4#: Intransitive, resilient foam with excellent shock/vibration protection. Ideal for cushion packaging, interior dunnage, foam pads, blocking & bracing.High tear resistance and tensile strength. Standard Color: White.
- Polyethylene Foam, 6#: Solid, resilient, abrasive foam with good shock/vibration protection for heavy parts. Cushion packaging, interior dunnage, foam pads for heavy parts, blocking and bracing. High tear resistance and tensile strength. Standard Color: White.
- Anti-Static Foam: Ideal for electronics as cushion packaging, interior dunnage or foam pads. Available in 2# and 4#. Standard Color: Pink.
- EPP Foam: Resilient, lightweight, chemically resistant, recyclable PP foam that offers ergonomically friendly protection for parts, including those with Class A surfaces. Applications include Class A surface parts like grilles, fascias, & wiper blade assemblies as well as irregular shaped parts. Available as container inserts or stand alone totes.ESD material and additional colors such as White, Yellow, Green, Blue, Orange, & Red are also offered, but are subject to minimum order quantity requirements. Available thicknesses include: 1.9, 2.5, 2.8, 3.0, 3.2 and 3.75 lb/ft3. Standard Color: Black
Additional thicknesses/densities and colors are available. Please contact us today for more information.