The new 40 x 48 Odyssey® HD Open Deck Pallet is a robust solution that supports heavy loads and provides load stability with unique design features, including optional steel reinforcements and permanent molded-in frictional elements. The Odyssey is optimized for a wide variety of applications and markets, including food processing, cold storage, dry goods, agriculture, raw materials and finished goods storage. Rackable plastic pallets optimize storage, reduce product damage that can occur from wood pallets and offer dimensional consistency optimized for automated equipment. The Truckload Quanity for the Odyssey Pallet with lip is 510.
ORBIS has now validated that its 40x48-inch Odyssey® plastic pallet has approximately 36 times the life span of a 40x48-inch whitewood stringer pallet, according to a recent study. Researchers from the Virginia Tech Center for Packaging and Unit Load Design used the center’s FasTrack life-cycle analysis to compare relative durability. In testing, the Odyssey plastic pallet completed the sequence 400 cycles without failure, while the wood pallet’s average failure was after 11 cycles. The FasTrack life-cycle analysis simulates rough handling of palletized unit loads, using a multi-step handling sequence.
Download Virginia Tech Testing Information Sheet
- Racking strength - High strength-to-weight ratio capable of holding 2,800+ lbs in unsupported racking
- Load stability - Permanent, molded-in frictional elements minimize load shifting and do not damage product packaging
- Ergonomic - Lightweight design and comfortable hand holds for easy manual handling
- Impact resistant - Robust and highly resistant to impact from equipment, ideal for rugged applications
- Hygienic - Flow-through, hygienic design for easy cleanability
- Seamless conveyance – Full stringer bottom is designed for today's conveyors